Dual-Action Velcro Molded Urethane
Flexible Backing Plate (3 1/2 Inch)
Why Buy This Product?
- Compact 3.5’’ dual action polisher backing plate accepts smaller buffing pads and accessories
- Fits polishers into compact spots to polish door jambs, grilles, vents, louvers, wheel parts, and more
- Fits any DA polisher that accepts 5/16’’ - 24 spindle accessories
- TORQ 10FX, TORQX, Porter Cable 7424XP, Griot’s 6’’, Meguiar’s G110, Meguiar’s MT300
- Durable solid state urethane and fiberglass base stands up to any detailing job with rugged dependability
- Picks up where other backing plates wear, break, and fail
- Works with any hook-and-loop accessories, including buffing and polishing pads, carpet brushes, waxing pads, and more
How It Works
The 3.5” Molded Urethane Flexible Backing Plate backs up any compact”
buffing and polishing pad on your dual action polishing machine. The
durable backing pad is made with injection molded urethane, a strong
fiberglass base, and an aluminum stabilization disc for rugged
dependability on extended polishing jobs. The 3.5” DA backing plate
attaches to any dual action polisher that uses 5/16” spindle thread
accessories, including the TORQ10FX, TORQX, and Porter Cable 7424XP. The
compact backing plate helps guide smaller 4” buffing pads into tight
spots like door jambs, A-pillars, vents, louvers, grilles, wheels,
spokes, hubs, rims, and exhaust tips. Back up your favorite buffing and
polishing pads for any compounding, finishing, scrubbing, and spreading
jobs in and around the vehicle. Cut through thick oxidation and deep
defects with a cutting pad and heavy compounding polish. Refine away
light scratches and restore glossy shine with a finishing polish and
soft polishing pad. Slap on an extra soft finishing pad to spread wax
and sealant without breaking a sweat. Choose the 3.5” Molded Urethane
Backing Plate for polishing and detailing in compact spots with your
favorite Dual Action Polisher.
Built For Durability
The backing plate connects your buffing and polishing pad to your
machine polisher. Without a backing plate, you cannot use a machine to
polish your paintwork, scrub carpets, or spread wax. The solid build
quality of the Molded Urethane Backing Plate combines layers of
reinforced fiberglass and urethane with an aluminum support disc. Solid
rivets hold the spinning backing plate together throughout normal
buffing and polishing usage on your favorite dual action polisher. The
Molded Urethane Backing Plate features rugged construction that can take
the heat of long polishing sessions and full car paint correction
details. This solid yellow backing plate can take on any compounding,
polishing, and waxing job over any vehicle, large or small. High density
hook-and-loop interface material grabs ahold of any buffing pad,
upholstery brush, or other DA polisher accessory with a firm grip that
holds tight as the buffer head spins and orbits. When you’re done, the
fittings easily release the accessory with just a gentle pull between it
and the backing plate. Take a cue from the professionals and choose the
backing plate that works just as hard as you do: the heavy duty Molded
Urethane Dual Action Backing Plate.
Built For Compatibility
Molded Urethane Backing Plates are designed to work with you, rather
than get in your way. The low-profile backing plate uses a beveled edge
profile that tapers to a point. This simple design helps slip the
spinning pad underneath roof racks, door mirrors, into grilles and
vents, and underneath interior parts like seats and arm rests. This
tapered edge also makes it easier to slip between the backing plate and
buffing pad or brush, and gently pull to remove any accessory without
tearing or damaging either piece. This Molded Urethane Backing Plate is
designed to work with the widest array of dual action polishers on the
market. The standard 5/16” attachment thread is used by tried-and-true
polishers like the TORQ10FX, TORQX, Porter Cable 7424XP, Meguiar’s MT300
and G110, Griot’s Garage 3” and 6” machine, and many others. When you
need to use extra small buffing pads, polishing pads, brushes, and
spreaders, choose the 3.5” Molded Urethane DA Backing Plate.
Built For Tough Correction Power
Machine polishers remove scratches by removing the damaged paint. Think
of paint like skin: swirls are tiny scratches in the surface of the
paint, but if you gently exfoliate the damaged paintwork, you’ll remove
all the scratches. Backing up a buffing and polishing pad with the
Molded Urethane Backing Plate creates more friction and more correction
power to cut away deeper paint defects, swirls, scratches, and
oxidation. Pair up the Urethane Backing Plate with your favorite cutting
pad and heavy duty paint correction compound to remove deep defects,
restore clarity, and enhance glossy shine and deep reflections in any
weathered paint finish. Try out the Molded Urethane Backing Plate
yourself, and see why professionals and hardcore detailing enthusiasts
choose these durable yellow backing plates for intense paint correction
What Machines Is This Backing Plate For?
The 3.5” Molded Urethane Dual Action Backing Plate fits any DA polisher that accepts 5/16’’ - 24 spindle accessories:
Porter Cable 7424XP
How To Use:|
- Insert DA polisher wrench between the counterweight housing and backing plate.
- Hold the spindle with the wrench and unscrew the backing plate by hand.
- Line up the backing plate spindle thread and screw directly into the DA spindle.
- Make sure the included washer stays in place around the backing plate threads.
- This washer ensures proper clearance between the DA machine housing and the backing plate.
- Continue counter-holding the DA spindle with the wrench and screw backing plate in tightly by hand.
- Test fitment by turning machine by hand and make necessary adjustments if machine binds up.