Why Buy This Product?
- Superior dual action polisher backing plate specifically designed for TORQ22D Random Orbital Polishers
- Streamline Integration: Unique engineering of TORQ22D makes it the first large-throw polisher to accept 5 and 6 backing plates without modifications or voiding the warranty
- Vented design channels fresh air to cool buffing pad, backing plate, and machine polisher for extended longevity and superior results
- Low-profile design and beveled edge fits machine and pad into hard to reach areas
- Works with all foam and microfiber buffing and polishing pads
- Accepts hook and loop carpet and upholstery brushes for interior detailing jobs
- For use with the TORQ 22D Random Orbital Polisher
About The TORQ22D Backing Plate
The TORQ 22D Random Orbital Polisher is the first large throw detailing machine that balances power, wide buffing pattern, and ergonomic feel in a package designed around the user. The 22D makes short work of polishing paint, metal, optical plastic, and glass, but it can also scrub carpets, upholstery, and even restore headlights. Polishing large, flat panels like roofs, hoods, and doors is made easy with the 6 TORQ 22D backing plate, but smaller and more contoured spots are easier to polish with the 5'' TORQ backing plate. The 6'' TORQ 22D backing plate uses rugged synthetic materials for superior heat resistance and durability over extended polishing jobs. Bi-directional cooling channels funnel fresh air in to cool the buffing pad, backing plate, and machine polisher with every spin around the TORQ 22D machine. Dispersing heat from polishing extends the lifespan of buffing pads, backing plates, and the machine polisher itself. The low-profile plate features a beveled edge to help fit the buffing pad into tight areas around brush guards, roof racks, door mirrors, bumpers, door jambs, and more. The custom-fitted interface bracket that attaches the backing plate to the TORQ 22D is secured with durable metal fittings for a solid bond. Choose the TORQ 22D 6'' backing plate for fast cutting and polishing on large areas, flat panels, and gentle curves and contours.
Superior Engineering For Ultimate Versatility
Every polishing job is different; sometimes detailers need a smaller 5'' pad to finish a contoured area, or a larger 6 pad for large flat panels. Traditional long-throw dual action polishers are limited to one pad and backing plate size, or require extensive modification and counterweight changes to change pad sizes without voiding the warranty. The TORQ® 22D Random Orbital Polisher is the first large throw dual action polisher engineered to work with 5 inch and 6 inch backing plates for improved versatility. Simply use the included hex key to remove and swap backing plates to handle any size job. Invest in the superior engineering of the TORQ® 22D Random Orbital Polisher to skip out on the need for multiple DA polishers.
Innovative Backing Plate Design
The TORQ 22D uses a unique backing plate design for enhanced longevity, durability, and performance on any polishing and scrubbing detailing job. Both 5'' and 6 TORQ 22D backing plate designs feature bi-directional cooling channels that funnel fresh air in to cool the buffing pad and the backing plate with every spin around the TORQ 22D machine. Dispersing heat from polishing extends the lifespan of buffing pads, backing plates, and the machine polisher itself. The low-profile plate features a beveled edge to help fit the buffing pad into tight areas around brush guards, roof racks, door mirrors, bumpers, door jambs, and more. The custom-fitted interface bracket that attaches the backing plate to the TORQ 22D is secured with durable metal fittings for a solid bond. TORQ Backing Plates are constructed from heavy-duty synthetic materials to last for years of detailing. Stay cool under the pressure of extended polishing jobs with the TORQ 22D 6'' Backing Plate.
Durable Backing Plates For Tough Detailing Jobs
The 6'' TORQ 22D backing plate works with any 6.5'' buffing and polishing pads and scrubbing brushes for unlimited detailing applications. Choose Hex-Logic polishing and finishing pads to remove scratches and swirl marks, or spread the perfect coat of wax, glaze, or sealant. Upgrade to heavy cut Black Optics Microfiber cutting and polishing pads to remove scratches and enhance gloss and shine on modern hard ceramic paint finishes. Remove stains, dirt, and grime and scrub carpets, seats, and upholstery with any Chemical Guys DA hook and loop brush attachments on the TORQ 22D detailing machine. The extreme versatility and performance of the TORQ 22D is made possible with superior mechanical and material engineering of the TORQ 22D Random Orbital Polisher, and the TORQ 22D 5'' and 6 Backing Plates.
|How To Use:|
- Unplug the TORQ 22D Random Orbital Polisher.
- Turn machine over and lay on a stable, flat surface.
- Counter-hold the backing plate attached to the machine, and unscrew the center hex-bolt with included TORQ Hex Key Tool.
- Replace with desired TORQ 22D Random Orbital Backing Plate.
- Line up backing plate fitment tab on spindle thread housing and insert hex-bolt.
- Counter-hold the newly-installed backing plate, then screw the center hex-bolt in with included TORQ Hex Key Tool.
- Turn machine over and inspect backing plate install to ensure a flush fitment between the backing plate and counterweight housing. Test that spin and oscillation actions are free and uninterrupted.
- If backing plate does not spin freely, unscrew and re-check fitment.